Before reading further, this guide assumes that you have had a basic understanding from playing the beginner's dungeon. The game starts with allowing you to choose one between three starter dragons ( being Fire, Water, and Wood ). Then your first set of dungeons will start. If this is the first time you start the game, please take some time to go over the notes the beginner's dungeon gives out. It explains most of the basics. After the beginner's dungeon ( 5 dungeons in total ), the game will lead you to using the Rare Egg Machine ( REM ).
What is it? The REM requires 5 magic stones to roll one egg. The eggs have three rarity ranks, being Gold ( rarest ), Silver ( rare ), and Star ( rare but droppable in dungeons ) How to get rarer eggs from this: There are weekly REM carnivals that increase the chances of specific type / attributes of monsters. Although the chances are increased, it is barely noticeable. It is recommended that players do not use the REM with the magic stones you obtain from the early periods of the game.
Before reading further, please understand that restarting the game to get the first rare ( God ) monster is highly recommended. In other words, if you want to get a high-tier monster ( Gold egg ) right from the start, you will have to restart the game over and over again to get one.
How to get them
What use do they have
- Clearing one NEW set of dungeon.
- iTunes / Google Wallet purchase from Magic Stone store.
- Event giveouts from mails in the game.
Recommendation on Magic Stone Usage
- Rolling the REM for a chance to get a rare ( 5 magic stones )
- Expand 5 monster boxes ( 1 magic stone )
- Expand 5 friend spots ( 1 magic stone )
- Recover stamina ( 1 magic stone )
- Revive from Gameover ( 1 magic stone )
- Do not spend your magic stones on recovering stamina or reviving from gameover in the early period of the game.
- If ideally you obtained a desired gold egg ( God-type ), you probably are good to go for a long while. Use your magic stones on expanding monster boxes ( Up to 75-100 boxes depending on evolution material storage required )
- Keep the rest of the magic stones – but do NOT use them on the REM
- Use the rest of the magic stones in the REM during a GodFest – a festival that certain Gods have a 3x chance of appearing in the REM.
How to Form a Starting Team
If your first rare egg is not a Gold one
- It is crucial to understand that each monster has its own leader skill and active skill.
- Your starter comes with a leader skill that gives a Damage Multiplier to the same attribute that it has.
- Remember to make use of this leader skill by putting the monsters with same attributes as subs to the team.
- It is not recommended to have a mixture of different attributes in a team ( special circumstance not considered )
Speed leveling and Getting a Third decent monster
- Tab the "Machine" Box, and see what "Carnival" is happening. For the simplicity of analysis, let us assume that Aqua Carnival is happening ( Water ).
- Restart your game and choose a Water Starter Dragon to match the Carnival's attribute.
- Rerun the beginner's dungeon, and hope for the best that the egg is Gold and is also Water typed.
- Add friends that are the same attributes as your God you obtained or Starter.
- Considering that you did get a decent Gold egg and a starter, you want to rank up as fast as possible. Under "Tower of Giants", "Dragons of the Tower" is high in experience points and is recommended to run repetitively until your Rank reaches around 40 ( or even way higher ).
- Tower of Giants uses only half of the stamina in Weekends.
- Under "Dungeon" Tab, Tab "Special" and see what special dragon dungeons are happening.
- These dungeons usually drop a Tier-2 type of monsters. (starters / defensive dragons / healers )
- These dungeons requires high stamina: 15 for adept and 25 for expert. ( higher difficulties are not considered here )
- Spend some time reading over the damages dealt from the monsters in these dungeons.
- Calculate your total HP and see how many hits you can take.
- Farm for the third decent monster before the special dungeon is over.